Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Holocaust- 3 Movies

Last weekend, I watched 3 movies about the Holocaust: Inheritance, Schindler's List, and The Pianist. As I watched these movies, I was reminded of the horrors and evil that lie in the depths of the human heart. When I hear people make statements like "People are generally good," I have to think of some of the people involved in the holocaust atrocities and, if I think more seriously about it, I will be frightened by the darkness in my own heart. Fact: The Holocaust happened. Fiction: It couldn't happen again. Don't forget Bosnia and Rwanda. I believe that any person, put into a particular situation, can commit great evil. That is why we can't save ourselves, only Christ can. There is still goodness in the world...glimpses of light in the darkness. Each of these films show the light as well.

I won't get into the details of the movies I watched, but will include the trailers. If you have never seen them, watch them. If you have, watch them again and remember.





No comments: