Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kenya- Beginning thoughts

Enroute to Nairobi, Kenya the plane descended to Washington, D.C., the capital city of this country that I call home. From this aerial view, my attention was drawn to the presence of swimming pools of all shapes and sizes in most every yard. I knew that this would seem like a different planet from what I would be seeing over the next week as I visited my brothers and sisters in Africa. Though the lives of the residents are polar opposites, God still holds it all in His hands and desires for All people to enjoy Him and to find freedom in the Cross of Christ. Why do so many still not believe? is the question that I find myself returning to time and time again. Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing my experiences in Kenya with all of you and this question will be answered in various ways along with answers to its counterpart question of Why do people believe? Both are important questions.

Sitting uncomfortably in my airplane seat, I was comforted by knowing that one day the very clouds that I was flying through will burst open and Jesus will be known by all and all will acknowledge that He is Lord of Lords. He will gather His people and the "not yet" will become "now". I will at that time be truly home for the first time. But for some it will be too late. Don't be one of those. Turn to Him today.

No comments: