Monday, September 28, 2009

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller



Summary
In A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, Donald Miller works alongside two filmmakers to adapt his life to the screen as they write a screenplay of his life. Miller shares his thoughts on life as a story as he comes to the awareness that if his life were shown on the big screen the way it is, that the viewers would "stab each other in the necks with drinking straws." To summarize too much would ruin your reading experience of this book.

My thoughts
Let me start by saying this book changed me and the way I see life. I have read this book twice in the last few weeks, wrestling with what could possibly be said in a review and how I am going to "rewrite my life." Buy the book .

It motivated me to want to live a better story and help others do the same. Think about what makes your favorite movies or stories meaningful to you. "The elements that made a story meaningful are the same that make a life meaningful" (p.39). Buy the book
In his usual style of humor and mental wanderings, Donald Miller has released his most powerful book to date. I want everyone I know to read this book; I think it is that important. We all want to live a great story, but we don't want to pay the price and make the sacrifice to do it. A Million Miles in a Thousand Years is a challenge to live. So live!

No comments: